Telling stories in marketing is an excellent strategy, and video marketing products amplify their results. Truly, there aren’t many better ways to engage a target audience.
Keys To Remember When Telling Stories In Videos
- Know your target audience: One of the wisest lessons ever taught to students learning about marketing is this: Rarely ever is “everyone” a target audience. While it is natural for people to hope that “everyone” will be a candidate to buy something they’re selling, in reality, that just isn’t the case. For example, while ice cream is delicious to some people, others actually don’t like it and some simply can’t eat it for health reasons. Also, while 5-star hotels might be amazing to stay in, not everyone has the desire or financial means to stay in them. For stories to perform their best, they need to be told in a way people can relate to or even imagine themselves possibly living in.
- Keep the focus on how your story will affect viewers: In all actuality, especially when making purchasing decisions, people want to know how something will affect them if they buy it. When marketing messages remain focused on that, they produce much better results. Otherwise, people lose interest and focus their attention elsewhere.
- Have a strategy to arouse emotions: Emotions help drive actions, and video content is a great way to bring them out. Determining exactly how they want an audience to feel during and after watching a video has helped thousands of producers get great results with their videos. Then, once they choose the best way to go about arousing those emotions, more effective videos are made.
- Remain focused on the specific purpose of the presentation: While humor has an important role in life, not everyone feels the same about silliness, sarcasm, or punch lines at the end of jokes. To avoid turning people off or distracting them from the primary goal of your video, it’s usually best to be discreet with what is said and shown. Remember, consumers are mostly interested in how a product or service will affect them if they purchase it, and giving them reasons to purchase yours should remain the focus. Running the risk of missing out on that because viewers get offended by something said or shown in your video, or because they see or hear something that causes them to view your company as less professional, can seriously limit the results your video produces.
- Use animation if your concept is difficult to explain or understand: Animation has the ability to bend the laws of nature, and by doing so, it can explain practically any concept regardless of how complex it is.
- Have a solid strategy for how you will get your target audience to watch your video: Before spending time and money making a video, it’s helpful to have a plan for how you will get your most likely customers to watch it. Simply posting it online is rarely effective enough. To accomplish this, we strongly suggest the use of Video Marketing Products. ROI with them is outstanding, and recipients find them impressive.
MediaFast Video Marketing Products Amplify Stories
Before production begins on a marketing video, companies can benefit greatly from considering the points described in the section above. By doing so, their video will have a better chance to accomplish the goals they have in mind. The entire process should be more pleasant as well.
At MediaFast, we’ve been helping companies achieve great results in marketing for over 30 years. Our team understands what works and what doesn’t work in marketing, and we continually keep ourselves up on the latest trends.
When it comes to presenting and distributing videos, our Video Marketing Products are excellent. We only use brand new, Grade A components to make them, and the attention they get from recipients helps them perform very well.
To learn more about the Video Marketing Products we offer, contact us today.