When you give USB flash drives as company swag, you give recipients some very useful abilities. They can be customized with your branding to make sure your company gets remembered every time people set eyes on them, and they can be used for so much more than just portable hard drives.
Even with the Cloud, USB flash drives are still necessary
Before highlighting some abilities USB flash drives offer, I believe it is important to establish what they can do that the Cloud cannot.
Commonly, people have information they would like to keep private, secure and easily accessible for themselves. They would also prefer to keep it digital rather than in paper format.
When it comes to protecting digital information, USB flash drives are almost impossible to beat. Whoever is in possession of them controls who sees the information they contain, and they can also require a password. Additionally, it isn’t difficult for information stored on them to be encrypted.
One of the major differences between them and the Cloud is that the Cloud provides users with various capabilities to store and process data in virtualized storage environments. The environments are controlled by companies who offer Cloud-based services, and they only provide users with a digital environment. The users themselves are in charge of how it is used and who has access to it. However, it is valid to say Cloud-based environments may not be as secure, and they definitely do not provide any marketing or branding capabilities.
Here are some other differences:
- The Cloud requires an internet connection.
- USB flash drives do not require an internet connection.
- The Cloud allows for quick, easy access to stored data that can be edited from most digital devices.
- USB flash drives require a user to have access to a USB port.
- The Cloud does not provide a physical way to keep information safe.
- USB flash drives provide an excellent physical way to keep information safe.
- The Cloud, while excellent for storing and sharing data, cannot be used in a lot of different ways.
- USB flash drives, in addition to the variety of ways they can be used, can run many useful applications and even operating systems directly from the units themselves.
Based on this information, the Cloud cannot provide all of the benefits USB flash drives can, at least for now.
Gifts you can give with USB flash drives
USB flash drives are still useful and provide awesome abilities to those who use them. For example:
- Users can conveniently store, view, and share photos. Many people have hundreds of digital photos and USB flash drives are the digital version of scrapbooks.
- Users can easily print photos. Having your photo gallery on a USB flash drive will make getting them printed at a photo shop or a user kiosk so much easier.
- Users can quickly access their favorite internet browser or apps. Without having to load their favorite internet browser or apps onto a device they may be only using temporarily, users can store them on a USB flash drive and access them simply by attaching their USB flash drive to the device.
- Users can sync files between the Cloud and their USB flash drive. Since the Cloud isn’t always accessible and USB flash drives sometimes get lost, it is wise to keep valuable information on both.
- Users can backup files from their computers. Files are sometimes valuable and often irreplaceable. USB flash drives have abundant memory and provide an excellent way to wisely back them up.
- Users can play music and videos in their vehicles without others having to hear or watch. To do so, all users have to do is connect their device to the vehicle through a USB port, which now often come standard in newer vehicles.
- Users can secretly store encrypted files. Mac computer systems make it easy to apply a full disk encryption on USB flash drives. Within only a few minutes, a flash drive can be encrypted.
- Users can rescue a computer from a virus. There are many free compressed versions of anti-virus software that can be installed on USB flash drives. With a USB flash drive that already contains anti-virus software, getting rid of a virus can be much less troublesome.
- Users can show off their musical playlist in a moments notice. Music brings people together, and people never know when their playlist might be helpful or needed.
- Users can store, view, and quickly share resumes and other important documents. Having digital versions of important documents can increase convenience and appear very classy.
MediaFast makes outstanding custom USB flash drives
At MediaFast, we only use brand new, Grade A components to make all of our products. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and we keep our prices affordable without compromising quality.
Because USB flash drives still possess unique abilities, they make meaningful gifts to those who understand them.