Giving away company swag still works extremely well as a marketing strategy. Companies who do a good job of finding ways to be remembered by their most likely customers when they want or need something tend to do well, and that’s the goal of marketing in the first place.
A quick online search will reveal hundreds of statistics proving the effectiveness of free gifts in terms of increasing sales, likability and brand awareness. With that in mind, giving consumers something they can use in business or everyday life rather than something they’ll quickly discard often produces the best marketing results.
There are powerful advantages to giving away company swag
Some of the most common items given away as company swag are t-shirts, sweat-shirts, jackets, hats, socks, water bottles, cups, bags, backpacks, umbrellas, frisbees, pens, pins, notepads, notebooks, calendars, keychains, coasters, stickers, magnets and USB flash drives.
Yes, USB flash drives are still commonly used and play an important role in information storage and security. In fact, in some ways, USB flash drives are a better option than The Cloud. To learn more, click this link: USB Flash Drives vs. The Cloud
Regarding company swag, the free stuff companies give away for marketing often creates a professional and consistent image that sends a message of confidence and trust to their clients. Also, the more times someone sees a company’s brand, the more likely it will be that they’ll remember that company when they want or need something that company sells.
Here are ten statistics exemplifying the advantages of giving away company swag:
- 83% of consumers like receiving a promotional gift with an advertising message.
- 90% of people currently own or possess a promotional product.
- 53% of consumers use a promotional gift at least once per week.
- 66% of people can remember the name of a company who gave them a promotional gift in the previous year.
- 58% of people say they keep a promotional product for between 1 and 4 years.
- 84% of people agree branded merchandise increases brand awareness.
- 85% of consumers do business with a company after they receive a promotional gift from them.
- There is a 44% increase in the effectiveness of a marketing campaign when a promotional gift is added to it.
- Promotional gifts on average generate 5 referrals from satisfied customers.
- Promotional gifts are less expensive but more effective for brand recognition than print, TV or radio.
All of these statistics were found by doing a simple Google search. As they illustrate, investing in company swag and giving it away can be very rewarding for companies.
Why giving away promotional swag works
To further support the argument for why companies should give away company swag, here are five positive affects doing so can have:
- Builds trust – An effective way to instill trust is to give someone a gift without wanting anything in return. A physical item can also make a company feel more ‘real’ to their clients. In an age where so much is done online, receiving promotional gifts gives recipients physical proof of a company’s existence.
- Increases brand awareness – This is probably the most obvious reason companies give promotional gifts. It enables people to see their logo and branding while keeping them fresh in their minds. As an added benefit, not only is the recipient of a promotional gift regularly seeing a company’s brand, but so are other people around them.
- Increases likability – People love free gifts, and they usually like the people who give them free gifts.
- Creates excitement and happiness – People tend to get excited and feel happy when they receive a gift.
- Makes clients feel recognized, appreciated and valued – People enjoy it when companies say “thank you”, “we care about you” and “we appreciate you”. At the moment when someone receives a company’s gift, it doesn’t matter that they may be giving the same gift to hundreds of others. Recipients honestly feel recognized, appreciated and valued.
Get the best USB flash drives from MediaFast
USB flash drives can be customized to give brands continued visibility. People still use them regularly to store and transfer important digital information, and they’re ideal for security purposes.
After recipients view the content companies install on USB flash drives before giving them away, recipients can reprogram them with data for themselves. At the same time, the original company’s brand will remain on each unit making it easier for recipients to remember them and what they have to offer.
At MediaFast, we only use brand new, Grade A components to make all of our products. We have decades of experience, and we go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction. Our clients get the help of real experts when they hire us, and we make sure time and money are not wasted when projects are being fulfilled.
Having owned an advertising magazine in Utah, I’ve worked in marketing for over twenty years.
I started writing for MediaFast in 2014. The first time I held one of their video brochures, I thought something like, “Wow! This blows away our magazine and any other print advertising I’ve ever seen. This is like a TV commercial, and I’m holding it in my hands. Amazing!”
Since then, video brochures, video mailers and video boxes have become leaders in marketing performance. It’s a privilege to write about them. I also love MediaFast—with its top-notch product quality, industry leading customer service, and all of the wonderful people I get to work with.