Point of Purchase Displays (POP Displays) have been boosting revenue for retailers for many years. They do so by increasing the amount of attention specific products receive when featured in them, and they also improve the shopping atmosphere in stores.
Now that videos can be included in them, they can be even more effective. With motion sensor capabilities and long lasting batteries that can be easily recharged, shoppers find them somewhat hard to ignore. On top of that, it is often the companies who manufacture products that can explain them better than retail store employees to prospective users. As a result, when consumers learn about products in videos from manufacturers, they often feel more confident about buying them.
How Point of Purchase Displays Boost Revenue For Retailers
Store atmosphere is a direct contributor to the experience of shoppers. It also helps shape their opinion of brands. In retail today, store atmosphere is an important element that includes the physical characteristics of a retail store used to create an image to attract customers.
For example, in stores that are clean, organized, and have prices that are easy to see, consumers tend to stay longer and make more purchases. Also, stores that include attractive design and quality product displays tend to improve a store’s atmosphere and boost revenue.
With regards to boosting revenue, Point of Purchase Displays have produced great results for decades. Here are three of the most common ways they are used to do so:
- To Introduce New Products: Point of Purchase Displays are outstanding for highlighting new products so consumers will notice them.
- To Increase Attention On Seasonal Products: When it comes to reminding consumers to buy holiday decorations, cook-out supplies, fireworks, sunscreen, tanning lotions, snow shovels, ice melt, sports equipment, snacks for parties, and practically any products that consumers typically use at specific times during a year, Point of Purchase Displays are extremely effective.
- To Boost Sales Of Products That Compliment Each Other: Point of Purchase Displays provide an excellent way for retailers to promote products that shoppers typically buy together. For example, chips and dips, coffee and creamer, shampoo and conditioner, razors and shave gel, snacks and soda, flour and sugar, mascara and eye liner, etc.
In these ways, Point of Purchase Displays in retail locations act like powerful marketing pieces that increase attention on specific products. They also boost impulse purchases, and in retail sales, impulse purchases often account for a lot of revenue.
3 Ways To Make POP Displays More Effective
Effective POP Displays produce many advantages for manufacturers and retailers. They’ve been known to increase sales by up to 20% in stores, and they definitely can improve the popularity of a brand.
Here are 3 ways to make them more effective:
- Include Videos: To be the most effective, POP Displays should never be boring. In today’s world, people love videos and they work extremely well in retail locations. Fortunately, mass manufacturers have learned how to include video screens in almost anything, including POP Displays. To learn more, read We Can Put A Video Screen In Anything (almost).
- Strategic Placement: Just like location is often a key to success for retail stores, it impacts Point of Purchase Displays within stores as well. While consumers shop, where products are located within stores impacts their decisions. When strategically placed, POP Displays can make a great difference in how often specific products sell.
- Understanding A Target Audience: Understanding a target audience can help retailers focus their messages on what impacts the buying decisions of their stoppers. It can also help designers use specific ad elements on Point of Purchase Displays to increase their chances of connecting with a store’s most likely customers.
The most effective Point of Purchase Displays in retail locations communicate the value of brands directly to shoppers. They provide an excellent opportunity for brands to highlight selling points, news, or important information that can entice shoppers to buy their products, and including the three suggestions above can simply make them more effective.
For retailers, using POP Displays is one of the most inexpensive ways to boost revenue. For consumers, they tend to be more interested in marketing products when videos are included. Fortunately, videos being included in Point of Purchase Displays is very affordable now, and many of our clients have enjoyed great success using them.