Updated Video Marketing Statistics and Why It Works So Well
Because people love videos, using video marketing is an outstanding way to accomplish many important affairs in business.
Why is this? Mostly because videos say more in less time and take less effort to watch. They also grab attention, feel amusing, and are more effective at connecting with viewers than motionless content. Because of these and other reasons, video marketing is usually a whopping success.
Updated Video Marketing Statistics from Review 42
Recently, Review 42 released an infographic detailing updated video marketing statistics. Here is a list of many of the interesting points:
- 4 times as many consumers would rather watch a video to learn about a product or service than read about it.
- 80% of viewers say messages they see in videos are easier to remember.
- More than 1 billion human hours are spent every day watching videos on YouTube alone.
- 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- Consumers spend 2.6 times longer on pages with video content than on pages without video content.
- After watching a video, 65% of executives visit the vendor’s website and 39% actually call them.
- 50% of executives look for more information about a product or service after watching a video about it.
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once per week.
- 86% of businesses use video content on their website.
- Business related videos are most often watched on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings between 10 AM and 2 PM EST.
- It has been reported by some companies that including a video about the benefits of using their products or services on a landing page increases conversions by 80%.
- When how-to videos are included on a landing page, companies have reported an 80% increase in conversion rates.
- 76% of companies who use video marketing reported an increase in website traffic.
- 94% of marketers say video content has helped consumers better understand their products and services.
- 51% of marketers say video content produces the best ROI.
- Videos have been reported to reduce customer support calls by 41%.
- 83% of companies say video marketing produces good ROI.
- 57% of consumers say watching videos about products or services increases their confidence to make purchases online.
- 70% of consumers say they’ve shared a company’s video.
- 57% of millennial consumers watch more videos on social media than on TV.
- 92% of consumers who watch videos on mobile devices share videos with others.
- Videos get shared 12 times more often than text and motionless images combined.
- 74% of viewers who watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service subsequently bought it.
- 77% of consumers say they’ve been influenced enough by watching a video to make a purchase.
- 64% of consumers say watching a video about something they’re thinking about buying makes them more likely to make the purchase.
There are many more statistics available in the infographic linked above from Review 42. To see more, please click the link.
Most Popular Ways To Use Video Marketing
Videos are dynamic enough to promote products, services, opportunities and explain concepts better than most other forms of communication. Here is a list of ways people use them with great success:
- To tell stories: People love stories and some of the best stories ever have been shared in videos.
- To communicate hard-to-explain concepts: Animated videos are ideal for explaining concepts that may be hard to explain because they can bend the laws of nature and bring concepts to life in ways that words, images, or video footage of real people or objects simply cannot.
- To personalize messages: Interviews, testimonials, demonstrations, promotions and messages are enhanced significantly when on-location footage is shared in videos.
- To present demonstrations: Most people would rather learn by watching a presentation or demonstration in actual circumstances than read or follow motionless images.
- To increase trust and likability: Companies who share videos tend to be more trustworthy and likable.
- To share public opinion: Videos sharing testimonials or promoting conferences, shows, events, political opinions, and various other messages strongly influence people’s opinions.
- To share explainer videos: Thorough explanations of products, services and opportunities can be more effective in videos.
- To share video blogs: Consumers enjoy watching videos of people talking about concepts, products, services and opportunities.
- To show highlights: People enjoy watching highlights of trade shows, private events, sporting events, celebrations, artistic performances, ceremonies and conferences about topics they’re interested in. Business opportunities increase when videos are used to attract viewers to websites, landing pages, and social media platforms.
While there are many other ways people use videos, these purposes have repeatedly produced great results for companies over the past several years.