Video brochures are the “next big thing” in marketing, and video mailers are making them even more effective. Better yet, they can revitalize your company.
Video mailers are revolutionary marketing tools used to help brands stand out from the millions of other direct mail pieces sent each year.
When they are removed from their packaging and the cover is opened, a magnetic switch is activated to automatically start playing a video. Recipients are able to play the video, pause it, and raise or lower the volume through function buttons next to the LCD screen. Also, a USB port is built into each video mailer so video content can be changed and batteries can be charged.
They’re more affordable than people might think, and the ROI they’re generating is outstanding.
The power of video in video mailers
In this day and age, videos have taken the world by storm. Attention spans appear to be shorter than ever, and people feel like they have less time than in generations past. The combination of audio and visual allows marketers to say more in less time, and it also allows them to engage more senses. Moreover, videos can be more entertaining than other ways of taking in information, and they definitely make messages more memorable.
In response, smart marketers have been reaping the benefits of video content for several years now. People want information and entertainment, and they want it fast. Video has increasingly become popular all over the world, and there aren’t any signs of this trend slowing down.
Also, most marketers are aware that direct mail remains a proven marketing strategy. It can provide a high return on investment and sometimes an outstanding response rate as well. However, there are a few challenges with it.
Specifically, the two biggest challenges with direct mail are:
- How do marketers make their direct mail pieces stand out from other direct mail pieces?
- How do marketers capture the attention of those who receive their direct mail pieces long enough to help them understand their messages or offers?
In response to both of these challenges, video mailers provide an excellent solution. They allow marketers to combine the attention-grabbing, intriguing quality of video with the tangible, trustworthiness of a physical marketing piece to surprise and impress recipients.
Why video mailers generate great profit
Video mailers offer the best of traditional print advertising combined with new age video presentation to deliver twice the appeal of other marketing pieces. For recipients, they are like holding a TV commercial in their hands. Furthermore, according to feedback we’ve been given, the excitement they generate for marketers who make them and recipients who receive them is almost unmatchable.
Simply put, MediaFast video mailers may be the very best way for companies to ensure their videos get watched by their most likely customers.
Also, as an added benefit, recipients regularly share video mailers with co-workers and other decision-makers, making them even more powerful.
Why your company should use video mailers
As independent marketing strategies, video and direct mail each have their merits. However, video has recently moved to the forefront in marketing strategies.
To highlight the popularity and effectiveness of videos, check out the following statistics from Insivia:
- In 2017, online video content is accounting for approximately 74% of all internet traffic.
- 55% of people watch videos online every day.
- 65% of people watch more than 3/4’s of a video before stopping.
- 43% of people say they want to see more video content from marketers.
- 59% of executives agree they are more likely to choose video if both text and video are available.
- 54% of senior executives share work related videos with colleagues weekly.
- Using the word ‘video’ in an email subject line boosts the open rates by 19%.
- Including video in a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos detailing a product or service before visiting a store.
- 4 times as many people would rather watch a video about a product or service than read about it.
- 52% of marketers worldwide identify video as the marketing strategy with the best ROI.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than marketers who do not use video.
- 80% of people say they can recall a video advertisement they watched in the last 30 days.
- 90% of people say videos about products or services are helpful to them when making purchasing decisions.
After reading those statistics, it’s tempting to think direct mail is becoming outdated. However, direct mail is still highly effective as well.
To highlight its effectiveness in 2017, check out the following statistics about direct mail from Compu-Mail:
- Direct mail household response rate is higher than ever reported since 2003.
- Direct mail median household ROI is 29% (compared to 124% in email, 23% in paid search, 16% in online display, and 30% in social media).
- For every $167 spent of direct mail in the US, marketers sell $2095 in goods.
- Direct mail with digital ads yield a 28% higher conversion rate.
- Marketing campaigns that used direct mail and one or more digital media experienced a 118% increase in response rate compared to using direct mail only.
Considering all of this, it’s easy to see how combining video with direct mail can produce impressive results. Video mailers can truly revitalize a company, and they’re excellent marketing investments based on the results they’ve produced.
Having owned an advertising magazine in Utah, I’ve worked in marketing for over twenty years.
I started writing for MediaFast in 2014. The first time I held one of their video brochures, I thought something like, “Wow! This blows away our magazine and any other print advertising I’ve ever seen. This is like a TV commercial, and I’m holding it in my hands. Amazing!”
Since then, video brochures, video mailers and video boxes have become leaders in marketing performance. It’s a privilege to write about them. I also love MediaFast—with its top-notch product quality, industry leading customer service, and all of the wonderful people I get to work with.