We often get asked what the best way is for companies to use their videos. Our usual reply is “Just let your video be the star.” For many purposes, you frequently can let your video be the star for whatever you are trying to accomplish.
Reasons to let your video be the star
First and foremost, 71% of marketers say videos make more sales. Recent studies indicate conversion rates are significantly higher when videos are included in sales tactics. Also, it has been reported that people are 85% more likely to purchase something they are thinking about buying after watching a video about it.
Second, videos are proven to grab attention over other forms of communication. In many circumstances, people would rather watch a video than experience a presentation in a live manner. The ability to rewind or replay offers several advantages, and videos can often be more convenient.
Third, people’s emotions become aroused when watching videos almost as much as when they are experiencing something in the same place. Videos portray changes in tone, facial expressions, body language, background music, scenery, action, and other variables to stimulate senses.
Fourth, recollection improves dramatically when videos are used to deliver messages. People remember 10% of what they hear, 35% of what they see, and 65% of what they hear and see. As a result, videos are outstanding for displaying products and services, increasing exposure, raising awareness, sharing testimonials, fundraising, sales, training, motivating, recruiting, teaching, and branding.
Fifth, according to a study performed by Diode Digital, more than 60% of online readers will watch a video if available. Additionally, people feel companies who use videos know how to better connect with them.
Sixth, a video can be significantly more cost effective. It can be in more places at once and drastically reduces time and travel expenses.
Finally, remember, you spent the time and money to make it. Combined with the reasons above, the chances of it doing well are highly probable.
To improve your videos, use the following tips:
- Keep videos short to hold viewer interest. Edit your content so you only use your best, most moving images and video clips.
- Match your videos to the images you’re featuring. This mentally reinforces how the particular item will look and function when viewers use it. As an added benefit, their imagination will do the same thing when they become aware of other items you offer.
- Spend plenty of time on your music or narration because that is what often hooks the viewer. What consumers hear usually is just as influential as what they see.
- Be sure your brand is displayed often throughout your video. The connection in consumer’s minds can be extra beneficial when they are making buying decisions at that time and in the future.
- Include a call to action when appropriate in your video. When interest is peaked and viewers are filled with emotions regarding your business, that is the best time to prompt them further along in the buying process.
- Most of all, be sure to tell a story with your video. Don’t be leery of using clichés and don’t worry about being original. Just be authentic. Stories feel fresh mainly due to the quality of storytelling, not their originality.
Videos provide priceless benefits
With a video, salespeople and company representatives can talk less and listen more, which potential customers usually appreciate. Having a video also relieves pressure and increases confidence.
For companies, videos allow them to maintain control over how their brand is presented. They can boost their image by giving away USB flash drives, handing out DVDs, or sharing video brochures. By comparison, traditional forms of marketing or communication usually do not make the same impact as videos.
You can rely on MediaFast
Contact us if you are interested in using videos for selling products or services, increasing exposure, raising awareness, sharing testimonials, fundraising, training, motivating, recruiting, teaching, or branding. We’ve helped many companies succeed with videos, and our video marketing products can help your company succeed as well.
Having owned an advertising magazine in Utah, I’ve worked in marketing for over twenty years.
I started writing for MediaFast in 2014. The first time I held one of their video brochures, I thought something like, “Wow! This blows away our magazine and any other print advertising I’ve ever seen. This is like a TV commercial, and I’m holding it in my hands. Amazing!”
Since then, video brochures, video mailers and video boxes have become leaders in marketing performance. It’s a privilege to write about them. I also love MediaFast—with its top-notch product quality, industry leading customer service, and all of the wonderful people I get to work with.